13-year-old Tennessee boy with cerebral palsy reportedly starved to death
09/29/2022 12:40 pm PDT
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (TCD) -- An autopsy report has revealed that a severely underweight 13-year-old living in unsafe conditions died of malnutrition.
On July 6, the Clarksville Police Department and emergency officials responded to a call at a home on Virginia Terrace, where 13-year-old Kadaris Maddox was pronounced dead. A month later, Kadaris' mom, Cheyenne Maddox, was arrested and charged with aggravated abuse/neglect/endangerment of a child.
According to WKRN-TV, Kadaris' home was reportedly very messy, and one officer "could not touch the floor due to the amount of items and trash on the ground."
WKRN reports Kadaris, who had cerebral palsy, weighed only 32 pounds at his time of death. The medical examiner reportedly determined his cause of death was malnutrition. Due to his cerebral palsy, Kadaris was wheelchair-bound.
Clarksville Now reports the autopsy showed Kadaris suffered "small abrasions, healing abrasions, multiple well-healed scars, and a few superficial ulcers" on his body.
The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office is reportedly reviewing the findings and has not yet charged Cheyenne Maddox with additional crimes following the autopsy report releas
- Clarksville boy starved to death, autopsy finds - WKRN
- Autopsy shows disabled 13-year-old starved to death in Clarksville, calls case a homicide - Clarksville Now
- Tenn. mother charged with child abuse after 13-year-old disabled son found dead in home, 8/10/2020 - TCD
- Child found dead in home; Clarksville woman under investigation, 7/8/2022 - WKRN
- Clarksville Police Department Arrests Cheyenne Dawn Maddox, 8/9/2022 - Clarksville Police Department
TRUE CRIME DAILY: THE PODCAST covers high-profile and under-the-radar cases every week. Subscribe to our YouTube page for podcasts, exclusive videos, and more, and don’t forget to follow us on TikTok.
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.