Breasia Terrell case: Half-brother’s dad charged with kidnapping, murder
05/05/2021 1:25 pm PDT
DAVENPORT, Iowa (TCD) --
A person of interest in the disappearance and death of a 10-year-old Iowa girl was charged with murder and kidnapping Wednesday.
Breasia Terrell, 10, was reported missing to the Davenport Police Department on July 10, 2020. Davenport Police, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the FBI have been investigating since.
Human remains found on March 22, 2021, in DeWitt, Iowa, were positively identified as Terrell. A fisherman found the girl’s remains in a pond in a rural area. The death was investigated as a homicide.
Terrell had last been seen alive going to spend the night with her half-brother at the boy’s father’s Davenport residence. The father, Henry Dinkins, was named a person of interest in the case early on.
Henry Dinkins was formally charged with first-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping, authorities announced Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Scott County Attorney Mike Walton said Dinkins is accused of shooting and killing Breasia Terrell on or around July 10, 2020, WQAD reports. Walton said "as a result of the kidnapping, Breasia Terrell was murdered."
Dinkins was already in custody on other charges.
- Update: Charges announced in the disappearance of Breasia Terrell - Davenport Police
- Henry Dinkins charged with murder, kidnapping in Breasia Terrell case - WQAD
- Murder charges filed in Breasia Terrell case; authorities say Henry Dinkins shot 10-year-old Davenport girl - Des Moines Register
- Henry Dinkins charged with the death of Breasia Terrell. Law enforcement officials say the girl was shot to death. - Quad-City Times
- Breasia Terrell case: Human remains confirmed as missing Iowa girl, 3/31/2021 - TCD
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.