CLEVELAND (WJW) -- Tessa Gadd was sentenced Tuesday on charges in connection with her son's overdose death.
The 2-year-old died after taking Suboxone in March 2018.
According to court documents, Gadd's boyfriend, John Hines, Jr. took the drugs to her home.
Suboxone is a medication prescribed to heroin addicts to help with their addiction.
The toddler had a high dosage of cough medicine and Benadryl in his system, along with indications of prior cocaine ingestion.
Gadd pleaded guilty last month to involuntary manslaughter and endangering children. She was sentenced to four years in prison with credit for her time served.
"Lorenzo needed you more than anybody else in the world. You were there to protect him, care for him, keep him away from all the evils in the world. You brought the evil into his house," Judge Michael Shaughnessy told her.
Hines was also sentenced Tuesday. He previously entered a guilty plea on charges of endangering children and involuntary manslaughter. The judge sentenced Hines to four years with credit for time served.