THE BRONX, N.Y. -- (WPIX) -- An 11th suspect wanted in connection with the killing of 15-year-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz outside a Bronx bodega has turned himself in to police on Friday, law enforcement sources told PIX11 News.
The 21-year-old suspect surrendered to officers at the 48th Precinct. He allegedly was part of the foot chase that pursued a terrified Guzman-Feliz for blocks, after a convoy of four vehicles carrying alleged Trinitarios gang members went looking for rivals the night of June 20.
A source told PIX11 that Guzman-Feliz became scared when he saw the posse in the cars and started running. That’s when they gave chase.
The suspect, who was the subject of a surveillance image released by detectives earlier this week, didn’t enter the bodega where Guzman-Feliz was attacked but he was seen near the rear passenger side of the white Acura parked at the scene, pacing from one side to the other, until other suspects run toward the sidewalk outside the bodega when the 15-year-old was was pulled outside.
The suspect is seen jumping into the white Acura after Guzman-Feliz was stabbed with knives and a machete, as other men jumped into the vehicles involved in the crime.
The law enforcement source told PIX11 News that investigators are looking for one more man in connection with the killing that sparked widespread community outrage, calls of "Justice for Junior" and demands to end gang violence.
They’ve recovered two vehicles involved in the killing: a white Acura and a black Dodge that belongs to murder suspect Kevin Alvarez.
The latest suspect's name has not yet been released. So far, these individuals -- all accused members of the Trinitarios gang -- are in custody in connection with Guzman-Feliz's murder:
Danel Fernandez, 21;
Jose Muniz, 21;
Manuel Rivera, 18;
Santiago Rodriguez, 24;
Kevin Alvarez, 19;
Elvin Garcia, 23;
Joniki Martinez, 24;
Jose Taverez, 21;
Diego Suero, 29; and
- Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, 26.