5 people shot at Pittsburgh funeral for 20-year-old who died from gun violence
10/28/2022 3:36 pm PDT
PITTSBURGH (TCD) -- Five people were reportedly shot Friday while at a funeral for a 20-year-old who was fatally shot earlier this month.
According to Pittsburgh Bureau of Police officials, officers received a ShotSpotter alert at 12:04 p.m. about five gunshots, and minutes later, an additional alert about 30 rounds of gunfire. Pittsburgh Police officers arrived at Destiny of Faith Church and "determined there was gunfire that took place outside the church."
Four victims reportedly self-transported to an area hospital, while two others were taken by paramedics. According to Pittsburgh Police, one victim was injured "while trying to escape." That person was not shot.
Initially, police said one victim was in critical condition and the other five in stable, but the person in critical condition was later upgraded to stable. KDKA-TV reports the victims are a 66-year-old male, 57-year-old female 27-year-old male, 24-year-old male, and 20-year-old male. The sixth person was reportedly taken to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Children’s Hospital.
Pittsburgh Police Commander Richard Ford said at a press briefing investigators believe there was a "dispute going on."
People were gathered at Destiny of Faith Church Friday, Oct. 28 for John Hornezes' funeral. The 20-year-old was shot and killed Oct. 15.
- The latest on the shooting on Brighton Road from Pittsburgh Bureau of Police - Pittsburgh Public Safety Department
- Pittsburgh Public Safety Department Facebook
- North Side shooting: 6 people shot outside church funeral service in Pittsburgh - KDKA
- Update from police on the condition of the victims. - Chris Hoffman Twitter
- Alert, 10/15/2022 - Pittsburgh Public Safety Department
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.