Va. mother indicted after son allegedly ate too many marijuana gummies and died
10/21/2022 2:05 pm PDT
SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. (TCD) -- A 30-year-old mother was recently indicted after her 4-year-old son allegedly ate too many THC edibles and died in May.
According to a news release from Spotsylvania County Sheriff Roger Harris, on May 8, the child suffered a medical emergency at a residence on Jamie Court. He reportedly died two days later.
Upon further investigation, Harris said detectives learned the "child ingested a large amount of THC gummies." A doctor reportedly told authorities that the child’s death could have been prevented if medical attention occurred shortly after ingestion.
Harris announced that on Oct. 17, a Spotsylvania County grand jury indicted the child’s mother, Dorothy Annette Clements, on charges of felony murder and felony child neglect. She was reportedly taken into custody three days later, on Oct. 20, and booked into the Rappahannock Regional Jail without bond.
TRUE CRIME DAILY: THE PODCAST covers high-profile and under-the-radar cases every week. Subscribe to our YouTube page for podcasts, exclusive videos, and more, and don’t forget to follow us on TikTok.
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.