2 arrested after pregnant Georgia mom of 3 is fatally stabbed
08/02/2022 2:15 pm PDT
LAGRANGE, Ga. (TCD) -- Two people were taken into custody for allegedly stabbing a pregnant mom of three to death last week.
According to WXIA-TV, officers from the LaGrange Police Department discovered Breanna Burgess' body Wednesday, July 27, at approximately 2:30 a.m. while out patrolling. The press release cited by WXIA says investigators determined Burgess was "stabbed and succumbed to her injuries."
The Macon Telegraph reports Burgess, 26, was approximately 20 weeks pregnant at the time of her death. She will undergo a full autopsy at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Curteze Avery and Shallandra Freeman were later taken into custody and charged in connection with Burgess' death, according to WTVM-TV. Detectives said Avery and Freeman knew Burgess, and they believe her death was targeted.
Troup County Jail records show Avery and Freeman are being held without bond on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter of an unborn child.
According to WAGA-TV, Burgess’ three children are 5, 7, and 9 years old.
- Pregnant woman found stabbed to death in LaGrange, 2 face charges, police say - WXIA
- Pregnant mom targeted in stabbing that left her and unborn baby dead, Georgia cops say - Macon Telegraph
- 2 suspects charged with murder, feticide in overnight LaGrange stabbing - WTVM
- Man, woman charged in pregnant woman’s deadly stabbing, police say - WAGA
- Troup County Jail inmate information
TRUE CRIME DAILY: THE PODCAST covers high-profile and under-the-radar cases every week. Subscribe to our YouTube page for podcasts, exclusive videos, and more.
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.