Oregon man pleads guilty to killing woman, their 3-year-old son amid child support battle
06/20/2022 12:09 pm PDT
YAMHILL COUNTY, Ore. (TCD) -- A Gaston man pleaded guilty last week to killing a 25-year-old woman and their 3-year-old son after initially saying he was not guilty.
According to KOIN-TV, Michael Wolfe, who was initially in custody on first-degree murder, kidnapping, and other charges, entered the plea for aggravated murder and second-degree murder relating to the deaths of Karissa and Billy Fretwell. KOIN reports Wolfe now will not face the death penalty.
Karissa and Billy went missing on May 13, 2019, and were reported missing to the Salem Police Department on May 17, 2019. Salem Police identified Wolfe as a person of interest on May 23, 2019, and arrested him the next day.
KOIN reports Karissa and Billy’s bodies were found in a remote, wooded area about 10 miles from Yamhill a month after they were reported missing.
Wolfe and Karissa reportedly met when she worked at Jimmy John’s and he was at Cascade Steel. She reportedly started working at Cascade Steel as a part-time security guard, according to KOIN. Karissa got pregnant, and Wolfe allegedly threatened her. Wolfe was also married with children.
The two were reportedly fighting over child support at the time Karissa and Billy disappeared.
The Associated Press reports Wolfe will be sentenced June 20.
- Oregon man pleads guilty to 2019 slaying of 3-year-old son, child’s mother - KOIN
- Public’s help sought for missing mother and child, 5/17/2019 - Salem Police Department
- Public's help sought for missing mother and child, 5/23/19 - Salem Police Department
- Public’s help sought for missing mother and child, 5/24/2019 - Salem Police Department
- Bodies of Karissa and Billy Fretwell found, 6/16/2019 - KOIN
- Man pleads guilty to killing woman, 3-year-old boy - The Associated Press
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.