COLUMBUS, Ohio (TCD) -- A 43-year-old father faces charges after his 10-year-old daughter allegedly brought his marijuana edibles to school and shared them with her fellow classmates.
According to a Facebook post from Upper Arlington Schools, on Friday, April 22, Upper Arlington Police and Fire responded to the institution after five students became ill during lunch. The students reportedly ingested marijuana edibles by mistake and were transported to the hospital to treat their nausea, hallucinations, and elevated heart rates.
According to WSYX-TV, the 10-year-old girl who brought the 50-milligram THC gummies to school reportedly found them in a glass jar in a kitchen cabinet and thought they were Easter candy.
The girl’s father, Scott Macre, reportedly told authorities he bought the gummies in 2018 in Colorado for a medical condition. According to WSYX, Macre ingested the edibles while intoxicated on Thursday, April 21, and fell asleep. He allegedly placed them in the kitchen cabinet after waking up, and then he left for work.
Court documents obtained by WSYX allege Macre found out about the students falling ill, and he headed home, telling authorities to wait for him. He reportedly threw the remaining edibles down the garbage disposal.
According to WCMH-TV, Macre was charged with endangering children, possession of drugs, and obstruction.