Utah woman pleads guilty to killing New Hampshire couple and burying them on the beach
02/16/2022 4:06 pm PST
KLEBERG COUNTY, Texas (TCD) -- A Utah woman pleaded guilty this week to killing a couple from New Hampshire and burying their bodies on a rural stretch of the beach.
According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times, Amanda Noverr entered the plea on Tuesday, Feb. 15, for charges of first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, unlawful possession of a firearm, and theft. She will be sentenced to 20 years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Noverr’s reported co-conspirator, Adam Williams, also pleaded guilty in November. The Corpus Christi Caller Times reports Williams' plea deal stated he would spend life in prison without the possibility of parole, but prosecutors would not seek the death penalty against him.
Prosecutors reportedly said Williams and Noverr, who were a couple, shot James and Michelle Butler while engaging in a "criminal transaction."
The Kleberg County Sheriff’s Office said in a news conference Nov. 4, 2019, that investigators located human remains on the beach in a rural part Kleberg County. The remains were exhumed and later identified as those of Michelle and James Butler. According to The Associated Press, Michelle Butler’s remains were found first in a shallow grave on Padre Island. James' body was reportedly found the next day buried beneath Michelle’s.
KIII-TV reports Williams and Noverr were found in Mexico and extradited back to the United States.
The Butlers were reportedly last heard from on Oct. 16, 2019, The Associated Press reports. Their family told investigators the Butlers had been traveling around in an RV and were on their way to Fort Lauderdale to sell Christmas trees.
- Utah woman pleads guilty to 2019 murder of New Hampshire couple on North Padre Island - Corpus Christi Caller Times
- 'Our lives are forever changed': Utah man gets life sentence in New Hampshire couple's killing, 11/10/2019 - Corpus Christi Caller Times
- Kleberg County Sheriff's Office press conference, 11/4/2019 - KIII
- 2 bodies found at Texas beach are New Hampshire couple, 11/2/2019 - The Associated Press
- Utah man arrested in Mexico after couple found dead in Texas, 11/6/2019 - The Associated Press
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.