Military spouse found dead in Army barracks on Oahu; soldier arrested
01/19/2021 3:47 pm PST
OAHU, Hawaii (TCD) --
An Army veteran married to a military spouse was found dead at the Schofield Barracks on Wednesday, Jan. 13, and a soldier has been arrested in connection to the homicide.
Selena Roth, 25, was found by Military Police personnel conducting a welfare check requested by a family member, the U.S. Army announced. Roth's death was determined to be a homicide, but the Army did not immediately release further details.
U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command special agents took a suspect into custody Wednesday night, according to an Army media release.
Sources told KGMB-TV the woman's body was found in a trash receptacle. The suspect's relationship to the victim was not disclosed.
Joanne Roth, the victim's mother, said Selena Rother was seen with someone “at Subway on Sunday and he is being questioned,” the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports. Joanne Roth's granddaughter had previously been placed with Child Welfare Services, “so thankfully she is safe,” she said.
- Victim identified in Schofield Barracks homicide - U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii
- Schofield Barracks death being investigated as a homicide, suspect in custody - U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii
- Soldier in custody following woman's murder at Schofield Barracks - KGMB
- Soldier arrested in death of military spouse, 25, at Schofield Barracks - Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- Woman found dead at Hawaii base was Army veteran; soldier taken into custody - Stars and Stripes
Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.