Pregnant mother of 3 killed on Christmas; ex-boyfriend on the run - UPDATED
St. Louis County Police / KTVI
Timothy Brown, Charese Garvin, Alayah Butler

UPDATE Dec. 30, 2020:

Timothy Brown, the man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and her daughter on Christmas Day, was found dead after he barricaded himself inside a North County home, police told KMOV-TV News 4.

An hours-long standoff took place in the 7100 block of Edison in North County Tuesday night. Police were called to the scene because they had information suggesting that Timothy Brown was there. Shots were fired at officers during the standoff, but nobody was hit, Velda City's Police Chief told KMOV. Wednesday, police told KMOV Brown was found at the end of the standoff dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

MORE: Suspect in Christmas Day double homicide found dead after standoff, police say - KMOV

Dec. 29, 2020:


Missouri resident Timothy Brown has been identified as a suspect in the double homicide on Christmas of a woman and her child. Brown remained at large on Tuesday, according to St. Louis County Police.

"Brown has been charged in relation to a double homicide in the North County Precinct on Christmas," police said Monday.

Brown, 30, stands about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 230 pounds. Anyone with information on his whereabouts or the investigation, is asked to contact the St. Louis County Police Dept. at (636) 529-8210 or CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS.

KTVI-TV reports officers were called to the 1500 block of Lakeside Lane around 7 p.m. on Dec. 25 to conduct a welfare check at a home in Spanish Lake. Police found the bodies of Charese Garvin, 28, and 2-year-old Alayah Butler, Garvin’s daughter. Police and prosecutors believe the two were shot and killed by Timothy Brown, who is Garvin’s ex-boyfriend.

On Monday, the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office charged Brown with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of armed criminal action.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports witnesses saw Brown and his car at the scene of the killings and told police he had threatened the mother, saying that if he could not have her, “no one could,” charging documents say. Garvin was a mother of three children: 2-year-old Alayah, and two other children ages 4 and 6.

And she was pregnant with her fourth child at the time of her death, her sister-in-law told the Post-Dispatch. Garvin’s two older children were fathered by Brown, and she had called the police on him in the past because of domestic violence.