LAKEWOOD, Colo. (KDVR) -- The parents of a 2-year-old girl who died of fentanyl toxicity at a Lakewood motel have been charged in her death, the First Judicial District Attorney's Office announced Monday.
Denisha Chelyce Woodsking, 29, and Rashad Turner, 30, have each been charged with one count of child abuse resulting in death.
Lakewood Police responding to a report on Feb. 24 of a child not breathing found 2-year-old Jada'Marie Glenn-Turner dead at a motel on Kipling St., according to the DA's office. The toddler had been living at the motel with her parents and two other children for several days.
“According to the arrest affidavit, police found a trash bag in the motel room which contained such drugs as Xanax, oxycontin, heroin, Suboxone, and marijuana,” the DA's office said in a written statement.