DETROIT (WITI) -- A man has been charged in the killings of four women in Detroit, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a press conference Wednesday.
Deangelo Martin, 34, was charged with four counts of first-degree premeditated murder and four counts of first-degree felony murder with criminal sexual conduct in the third degree.
The murders took place between February 2018 and March 2019. The victims were in their 50s and found in vacant Detroit homes face down with a used condom nearby, Worthy said.
Martin pleaded not guilty in court Wednesday. CNN has reached out to his attorney for comment.
“We are confident that this defendant's alleged criminal and predatory actions link him to all four of these homicides, as well as the two sexual assault cases that we charged him with previously,” Worthy added.
Worthy spoke to the families and friends of the victims in the press conference.
“We truly care about the person that you loved and the person that you lost,” Worthy said.