1 dead after swallowing bag of suspected narcotics when confronted by police outside store 09/16/2019 11:19 am PDT Comments WGHP / Getty Images via WGHP: KING, N.C. (WGHP) -- A person died after swallowing a bag possibly containing narcotics when police confronted him outside of a Walmart in King, according to the King Police Department. At about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, police responded to a report of trespassing at a Walmart. When police arrived and found the suspect, he swallowed a bag which police say may have contained narcotics. Shortly after, he became unresponsive. Officers called in EMS and tried to save his life using CPR, but he died on the way to the hospital. The cause of death has not been confirmed. MORE: Person dies after confronted by police, swallowing possible bag of narcotics outside Walmart in King - WGHP #Drugs #LawEnforcement #NorthCarolina #WGHP #WinstonSalem Related Stories North Carolina woman charged with castrating husband Woman accused of leaving dog in hot car despite warning Meth, cocaine found near small child in car, 2 arrested: Sheriff TCDPOD: Exonerated 28 years later; Pimping to raise bond; Astronaut crime Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.