Lawsuit: Chemo medication distributed to healthy Utah woman, causing her death
KSTU
Gloria Dunn

By David Wells, KSTU

PROVO, Utah (KSTU) -- A Utah woman died last year after suffering “catastrophic damage” caused by chemotherapy medication she was given wrongfully, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Gloria Dunn had been prescribed metolazone, a diuretic.

“Select Pharmacy, however, mistakenly sent back methotrexate, a dangerous chemotherapy drug designed to eradicate cancer cells. Bel Aire Assisted Living then administered methotrexate to Gloria for an extended period of time, despite knowing that she was healthy and did not have cancer,” the lawsuit states.

According to a news release issued in conjunction with the lawsuit’s filing, there are more than 100 published incidents, including 25 deaths, in which methotrexate was mistakenly given to patients.

MORE: Lawsuit: Chemo medication distributed to healthy Utah woman, causing her death - KSTU

Comments