Boy, 3, playing with lighter sparks fire that destroys home in Florida 07/24/2018 2:42 pm PDT Comments @FtLaudFire via WPTV: FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- (WPTV/AP) -- A 3-year-old Florida boy was playing with a cigarette lighter when he accidentally set his family's house on fire. Fort Lauderdale Battalion Chief Stephen Gollan says the boy told investigators he lit a paper on fire and it fell onto a bed on Monday. The fire spread quickly. The boy, his father and another child were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. The American Red Cross is assisting the family. And the children will be required to attend a fire-started educational program. Update to house fire. Fire is out. Started by 3 year old playing with lighter. 4 people displaced. Red Cross assisting. 3 treated onscene for smoke inhalation no transport. @FTLCityNews @FtLaudFire @WPLGLocal10 @BrittanyWallman @nbc6 @wsvn pic.twitter.com/yJFOQx10OJ @FtLaudFire FULL STORY: Boy, 3, playing with lighter sparks fire that destroys home in Broward County - WPTV #Fire #Florida #FortLauderdale #SouthFlorida #WPTV Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments.