CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- (KRON) -- Grandparents are pleading to keep the woman who killed their three granddaughters behind bars, saying Megan Hogg has not served enough time.
The 45-year-old was convicted of killing her three daughters back in 1999.
In April, she was up for parole and was approved to be released next year, but her family is fighting back.
They spoke exclusively to KRON4 on Thursday night.
The family says Hogg was up for parole this month, but they were never notified about it until it had already been decided on. So, they tell KRON4 they now have filed paperwork with the San Mateo County District Attorney, so that the parole board could take another look at this case and get the family's perspective.
Megan Hogg was sentenced to 25 years to life in 1999. So, they expected her to be behind bars for at least five-to-six more years.
Hogg was convicted of suffocating her three young daughters to death.
KRON4 spoke with the children's grandparents and their aunt on their dad's side. And they say they don't think she should be let out because of how gruesome her act was.
They tell KRON4 during the case, they learned that the girls suffered a lot.
And they say 20 years is just not enough.
"Our job is to protect our children to fight for them," grandmother Mary Jolivette said. "And to have the mother take your own children, there are no words for that. Who does that? You have so much against you in this world and then to have your own mother turn against you like that, no, no."